Wednesday, 23 January 2013

My favorite horror movies.

This is my short list with my favorite horror movies, I know many people will say that some movies are quite lame, but I actually liked some of them a lot. I think I forget a lot of other movies that I liked, but these are the movies I personally own, so that easier to keep track of. There are also many older horror movies that I liked, but as I said, I can't remember any of them right now. When I come up with some other movies, I'll make a new post about them :).



The reason why I liked Dead Silence so much is because I am absolutely terrified of dolls. So what's better than a horror movie, with dolls ;D. Many people disliked this movie, but in my opinion this is the best doll horror movie ever made. Of course, the Chucky series where also scary, but that is another sort of scary in my opinion. Also, the locations chosen for this movie where stunning, and the acting performances where great too. 



In my personal opinion, is this one of the most 'renewing' horror movies that was made in the last couple of years. I saw this movie in the cinema, and as most of the people I thought it was just a standard horror movie, and still after the movie began to play, I hadn't changed my mind yet. Could I be more wrong? All I can say is that this is a very impressive horror movie, with a lot of surprises. I'm afraid I will tell too much if I continue, so for everybody that didn't see The Cabin In The Woods Yet, please go and watch it!



I know a lot of people think this is a terrible movie, but for some reason I really liked it. I also own the book by Scott Smith and I can even say that that's my favorite book ever. There is a big difference between the characters between the book and the movie, but that didn't bother me at all. The only thing that noticeably changed was the sequence everybody died. But like I said, it wasn't bothering. There are many actors in this movie that are well known, like Jena Malone, Shawn Ashmore, Joe Anderson and Jonathan Tucker. For everybody that likes to read, The Ruins by Scott Smith is an amazing book. For everybody that likes horror movies, I'm not entirely sure if you'll like it, because many people dislike this movie.



The very first popular 'found footage' movie ever, and also the very best ever made. I also like movies like Paranormal Activity and Grave Encounters and stuff, but nothing is as good as The Blair Witch Project. You see nothing in this movie, so everything that happens, is mainly happening in your imagination. A very simple story, yet terrifying. For everybody that didn't see this horror pearl yet, go watch it!



I already wrote a review about this movie, so I won't tell to much about this movie again. But if you've read my review, you'll know why I liked this movie so much. Highly recommended! 



If I ever had to pick a number 1 horror movie, than I will definitely say The Orphanage because it was an incredible movie. One day I will write a complete review about this movie, although I think it will be hard to avoid spoilers. The plot of this movie was very surprising, and that's why I can only say, go watch it!



I never really fancy zombie movies, mostly they all seem to be the same. But [REC] is a found footage movie, and that changed a lot, because the scary moment are a lot more surprising than in a regular zombie movie. I also liked [REC]2 a lot, but I haven't seen [REC]3 yet. I recommend this movie for everybody that is a fan of zombies or found footage movies.



I never saw the original movie, so I can't compare these two. All I know is that is loved this movie a lot. A lot of people see this movie as a real horror movie, but in my opinion it's more a thriller. I don't know why, but there are not really scary moments are something. Maybe the very last scene can be counted as horror, or gore or something, but I count this movie as a very good thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..