Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Horror films of 2012

As I've mentioned in my previous post, I haven't seen a lot horror movies from 2012. But I searched for a list with all the horror movies that came out in 2012, (List of 2012's horror movies) and I thought it would be fun to rate them, maybe with some comments or something. Here it is:

  • The Cabin In The Woods: In my opinion one of the best horror movies ever made, it's also in my top horror movies, purely because it misleads so much in the beginning. One of the most surprising movies I've ever seen.
My rate: 9/10


  • Chernobyl Diaries: I already wrote a review about this movie, where I'm explaining what I liked or disliked. For short: I love abandoned town movies, so that was a big plus, the acting and the ending where a bit of a disappointment. 
My rate: 6,5/10


  • Dark Shadows: In my opinion not a horror movies, but it was listed as one, so that's why it's also mentioned here. I love most of the Tim Burton movies, and this one wasn't bad either, but it was a bit weak in my opinion. My all time favorite Burton movie is Edward Scissorhands, and not one of the last Burton movies have topped that unfortunately. It is a fun movie to watch, except that it isn't a real horror movie.
My rate: 6,5/10


  • The Devil Inside: I also wrote a review for this movie, and I'm also explaining why I hated it. So for more details, click the review tag! 
My rate: 2,5/10


  • Prometheus: Also not really a horror movie, more of a science fiction in my opinion. I'm not really sure what I thought of this movie. I mean, I like sci-fi but the story was a bit weird. I remember when I watched it, that there were many points that weren't right. So that's why I'm waiting for Prometheus 2, because I'm hoping that it will be explained. 
My rate: 6/10


  • Sinister: I already wrote a review for Sinister where I'm explaining what I liked or disliked. There where some really scary moments in this movie, especially the found videos where creepy as hell. I think I quite liked it!
My rate: 6,5/10


  • The Woman In Black: I must start of with saying that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and because I mainly grew up with Harry Potter, I found it a bit disturbing that Daniel Radcliffe played this part. I just couldn't get over the fact that it was played by 'Harry Potter'. And of course, this is purely my fault. But I think I would have liked the movie better when it was played by somebody else. This sounds really stupid I know, that guy needs acting jobs too, of course, but I found it disturbing. Besides the fact that the main character was played by Daniel Radcliffe, the movie was quite good, really good tension building moments, a few good scares and a reasonable story.

My rate: 6,5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..