Friday, 8 March 2013

RUMORED sequels!

There are a lot of rumors about upcoming horror sequels, prequels and reboots, and well, we're not all happy with some of them. Here a quick list and some comments with it.

  • 28 Months Later: I would really love it if this one came out, when 28 Weeks Later came out the rumors of 28 Months Later came quickly and there was an IMDB page of it. However, this one is removed a few weeks ago, so there is a big possibility that the movie will never be made. I really loved 28 Weeks Later, and when I finished watching it I immediately searched for an eventual sequel, I was really happy when I found out that it was in talks, so as you might have guessed, I'm a bit sad that it might not happen eventually. But to be honest, I think eventually it will come out. It might only take a few years.
  • A Nightmare on Elmstreet 2: I didn't think that the reboot was bad, it was quite reasonable, but a sequel seems a bit unnecessary, because there were not many people that liked the reboot. So I hope that it won't be made. There is also not much known about this movie, so it might be possible that it's just a rumor.
  • Beetlejuice 2: There actually is an IMDB page for this movie, and Tim Burton had said that he always wanted to do a sequel of Beetlejuice. But I actually hope that it won't happen. Beetlejuice is a very good movie, and I personally think that a sequel is really unnecessary. I'm a bit afraid that it will be a lot like Burton's latest movies, and to be honest, I liked them, but they were definitely not his best. Almost everything is computer animated, and it ruins a lot I think. I think this movie will never happen personally, and I really hope for that.
  • Blair Witch 3: PLEASE NOT! Haven't they seen Book of Shadows? What a terrible movie! I loved loved loved The Blair Witch Project, but the Book of Shadows was the most unnecessary movie ever made. A third part will probably be even worse, so I really really hope it will never happen. But I'm afraid it will be made eventually, so we can only hope for the best.
  • Cabin Fever: Outbreak & Cabin Fever: Patient Zero: Yes, there seem to be planned two new Cabin Fevers, both for 2014. One appears to be a prequel, while the other is a sequel. I thought Cabin Fever was a reasonable movie, but I never saw Cabin Fever 2, so I can't really judge it. I think a prequel would be fun, but two parts in one year seems a bit too much. 
  • Carrie: Another reboot, I think I might actually enjoy this movie. Chloe Moretz is playing Carrie, and she's an amazing actress, so I think it will turn out quite well. Julianne Moore is playing her mother I believe, so I think it has a great potential.
  • Cloverfield 2: Not sure what to think of this, I enjoyed Cloverfield a lot, so I think a bit more background information about the monsters would be nice. If it will be just as unexplained as part 1 I probably won't like it. I hope this one will also be filmed with a handheld camera, but I think it will not. Maybe it's a good thing that a sequel comes, but it's definitely not necessary.
  • Curse of Chucky: This actually is happening, and it's a sequel for Child's Play 3. Tiffany and Glenn are not in this one, I did enjoy Tiffany's character, so it's a shame she's not in it anymore. It will be a lot like the original Child's Play again, so more horror and less comedy :). I think it's a good thing, however Child's Play 3 sucked. But a good horror with a killing doll is always good, so I can only wait till this one comes out. 
  • Dead Snow: War of the Dead: I can't find any original pages for this movie, so I'm guess it's a fake one, I liked Dead Snow, and a sequel will be fun to watch. We can only wait if it will ever come out.
  • Evil Dead IV: Also no official pages for this movie yet. However, I did read an article about it last week, so it might actually happen. The article even said that Bruce Campbell will star again, and it had a lot of other information. I can post it, but it was in Dutch so it will be a bit useless. I'm not a real big fan of Evil Dead (shame shame), so I don't really care if it will ever come out or not. 
  • Evil Dead: They are planning to make a sequel to the original series, and also doing a reboot of the Evil Dead series, in fact, the reboot is coming out next month already. As I mentioned in the previous part, I'm not a big fan of Evil Dead, but I will definitely watch it eventually. 
  • Friday the 13th 2: At few months ago I heard a lot about this movie, but I can't find any pages about it anymore, so I'm afraid it's a dead project. I did not really enjoy the first reboot so for me it doesn't really matter. 
  • Ghostbusters 3: Well, what can I say? A bit unnecessary if you ask me. I also heard that Bill Murray doesn't want to star in it, so I don't really see the point. It's just asking for a bad movie if you ask me. 
  • Gremlins 3: I never saw Gremlins 2, so I can't really judge. I liked the original Gremlins, but another part will be different I guess, because it will all be made with our modern technology and the whole Gremlins will change a lot I think. I also don't get why people need to make a sequel to a movie that came out almost 30 years ago, what's the point? If you really want to make a Gremlins movie than make a reboot or something, because else it will be confused with the original series, which are real different from the new ones (this is also for Curse of Chucky and Ghostbusters 3). There isn't any official page for Gremlins 3, so personally I don't think it will ever be made, but you'll never know. It also might be a reboot, which is a better case than a sequel I think.
  • Halloween 3D: Seriously, what's with all the 3D? I hate it so much, I haven't been to a horror movie in the cinema in such a long time, purely because they where all 3D. Yes, this is also a personal issue, because I can't see 3D, but even when I could, I simply would not pay extra for seeing a movie in 3D, because it's complete nonsense. With this said, I think that Halloween should not go any further, because Halloween 2 also sucked. I actually liked the rebooted version  (see my review in the review list) but part 2 really sucked. So, I can only say that part 3 will be even worse. It is however not directed by Rob Zombie anymore, so I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. Time will tell!
  • I Am Legend 2: I'm not really sure what to think of this. I liked I Am Legend, and a sequel might be a bit unnecessary, however, I think it will be fun that everything will be explained about how everything happened, if it's really solved at the end, or something like that. A bit more details and stuff. At first it was rumored that it will be a prequel, so if that's the case it might be interesting too. I wouldn't mind if I Am Legend 2 will be made, but I also don't think it's a must.
  • It: I'm not really sure about this reboot. I liked the original It, but it was a bit slow and it became boring after a while, so or they have to make the story shorter, or more interesting, or else it might become just like the original. I know that many parts of the movie where necessary, because they where also important for the book, so I guess that it won't be any shorter. It would be fun if Seth Green played in this movie again, but now as a grown up Richie Tozier instead of the younger version, because I thought he really suited the role.
  • Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral: I thought part 1 and 2 were quite fun, nothing special, but amusing to watch. A part 3 would also be nice, because it's probably one of those never ending stories. I'm not really waiting for this to come out, but when it eventually does, I will probably watch it immediately.
  • Paranormal Activity 5: Such a shame that they continue making this. They should have stopped after Paranormal Activity 2, because that one was really good, while part three sucked. Remember when watching the trailer of Paranormal Activity 3, that nothing eventually appears in the movie? For example, you saw the fire that is mentioned in part 1 and 2 in the trailer, but this doesn't even happen in the movie! I thought that was a real shame, because it would totally make sense with the previous movies. I did not even see Paranormal Activity 4 yet, because it seemed boring to me, and seemed like it had nothing to do with the original story anymore. But of course, I can't really say that without seeing it first, so this was just what I figured from the trailer. I think they should definitely not make this movie, and if they do, they have to stop after this, because else it will be just like the Saw series, that don't even connect each other anymore when the series progressed. 
  • Prometheus 2: When I finished watching Prometheus it was very clear that there will be a sequel, I thought the first one was reasonable but nothing special. I do want to see the sequel because there where many things left unexplained, so I'm kinda curious about the details of the story. I just read somewhere that Prometheus is some sort of prequel of Alien? I have no idea, because I never saw the Alien series (shame shame, again), but if it indeed is a prequel it might be time to start watching the Alien series. 
  • Ring 3D: You might have read my tirade on 3D movies, but I want to make an exception for this movie. Ever since 3D was coming up, I said how cool it would be if the Ring would be in 3D, because of the effect when the girl is crawling out of the television. I think many have figured this, or else this movie wouldn't be made I guess. Unfortunately, I can't see 3D movies, so I will never experience this, but I think it's fun for the people who can see it. The movie itself doesn't seem really interesting to me, to be honest, since it probably will be a prequel.
  • Sinister 2: I'm not sure how they will continue this one, maybe with a prequel or something. It will not have Ethan Hawke in it, I can assure you that haha. But there's nothing known for this movie, so it might be fake. I liked Sinister, and if the sequel will be just as scary than it might be fun to watch, but to be honest, I don't think it will ever come out.
  • Texas Chainsaw 4: I haven't seen Texas Chainsaw 3 yet because it isn't out on DVD yet, so I can't really discuss this movie. But when I personally think at this moment is that they shouldn't make this. All the movies are getting reboots, sequels and prequels and to be honest, aren't we all a bit sick of them? Sure, some of them where good, but some of them where also terrible. But unfortunately, this will probably never stop. Anyway, Texas Chainsaw 4 isn' really a must for me, but that might also be because I haven't seen part 3 yet. I will add more information to my review, once I've seen it!
  • The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes: To be honest, I really liked the reboot. Good acting, some scary jump scenes and it was somewhat believable. It might be fun to watch, but it can also go terribly wrong with making a sequel to this. I definitely don't think it's necessary to make this movie. There is also a claim that another movie is being made about the Amityville Horror, which is supposed to come out in 2014, just as this movie.
  • The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia: This is kinda fun, because the movie is called The Haunting in Connecticut, while it plays in Georgia, a bit stupid huh? Why not calling it The Haunting in Georgia? I think people can figure out for themselves that it's a sequel. So besides the stupid name, I think the movies will not be fun, the trailer is already available, and it doesn't seem to be anything special. Chad Michael Murray is back to horror, which might be because he doesn't seem to get any other roles anymore, but I liked him in The House of Wax, so we'll see that later. But they really need to think better about that name...
  • The Strangers 2: I think I'm actually excited for this to happen. I do hope that they explain the motives of killers, a bit more background information about them or something. I also heard that Liv Tyler was interested in playing in this movie again. I don't know how they are going to do that, but I think it might be a real good movie. I also hope that they won't kill of her character immediately, but I'm afraid that that is what will happen. Anyway, I hope this movie will be made eventually.
  • The Woman in Black: Angels of Death: I don't see why they would make this movie. The original doesn't have a sequel either, and I think that part one ended well. But no, they continue with some story of '40 years later, this family moves into the same old house'. So I guess that this movie will be very predictable. Unless, they have more background information, in that case it might be interesting. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
  • Zombieland 2: I really enjoyed Zombieland, but I think a sequel is really unnecessary. Zombieland had a great ending, and I don't think they should continue this movie. If they are making this I really hope that the same cast will play in it again, because they where a perfect chemistry for the movie. It's not necessary to make this movie, but it might be a good movie eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. Whether your prime concern is taste or variety, VaporFi is will fulfill your vaping needs.

    With vape juices that comes from food-grade ingredients, their vaping flavors are very smooth and consistent.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..