Friday, 31 May 2013

Top 10 favorite actresses

It was kinda hard to put together this list, for some reason, I don't really have a favorite actress. But I've been searching around for a while, and finally, I've put together my top 10! I'm sure I've forgotten so many great ones! 

10. Chloe Grace Moretz


She's only 16 years old, but holy cows, she's such a good actress. Even in her early movies like Amityville Horror and Wicked Little Things she really stands out. Especially in Wicked Little Things she's the best actress while she was only 9 years old back then. Also, she's very beautiful and she seems very nice. I loved her in movies like Hugo, Kick-Ass and Let Me In. Can't wait to see her grow up and see her in many more movies!















9. Michelle Pfeiffer


Michelle Pfeiffer is an amazing actress. Not only is she still good looking, she still amazes me with her acting performances. The first movie I saw her in was in Batman Returns, and I was amazed by her. I also loved her in Stardust, Dangerous Minds, I Could Never Be Your Woman and Dark Shadows. Of course, she has played in tons of great movies, but these are the ones where she really stood out for me.















8. Melissa George


Our very own horror queen, Melissa George. I do not consider Danielle Harris or Scout Taylor-Compton as a horror queen, nope, for me it's all the way Melissa George. She's very beautiful and she's also an amazing actress. Movies that I love from her are Triangle, The Amityville Horror, 30 Days of Night and A Lonely Place to Die. Of course, these are a few standard horror movies, but I think she is what made them good. I hope she will be in other horror movies too these coming years, since I can't get enough of her ;).














7. Charlize Theron


Remember that one movie where they claimed Kristen Stewart was more beautiful than this woman? Yeah, well, as you can see, that's simply impossible. Another amazing looking woman with incredible acting skills. I must admit, the first movie I saw of her was Aeon Flux and well.. that movie was terrible, so I was not really impressed by her. But later on I saw her in other movies and she's quite a good actress. Good movies of her are: Snow White and the Huntsman, The Road (small role, still impressive), Hancock, The Italian Job and the Astronauts Wife. Yes you heard it right, The Astronauts Wife. It was not a very good movie, but it was amusing, plus it contained Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron, a very appealing couple.











6. Jennifer Lawrence


In my opinion, Jennifer Lawrence is not the standard beautiful looking woman, at least not the Hollywood way. But I do think she has something, a sort of indescribable charm. She is very cute and she seems very down to earth and funny in interviews. She is a very good actress and she has much potential. Of course, this is why she got an oscar at such a young age. I like The Hunger Games books, and I think the movies are also fun to watch, in my opinion she's the perfect person to portrait Katniss Everdeen and I can't wait till the next three parts coming up. Also, she was perfect as the young Mystique and I'm so excited for the sequel of X-men: First Class. I think we will hear a lot of her in the coming years and I won't complain, because she's very talented I think.










5. Keira Knightley


I don't know why but I have a huge girl crush on Keira Knightley. Especially in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. She's so beautiful and a very talented actress too. I have not seen her in much movies besides the Pirates movies, so all I can tell is that she acted very well in those movies. I saw her in Never Let Me Go and King Arthur, but those are movies that I just don't like so it was hard for me to pay attention to her acting skills. I hope we'll see her again in more action like movies, and not in those costume drama movies, because I like her much more in action than as a woman that needs to be saved or something.












4. Rachel Weisz 


Rachel Weisz is one of those woman that only get prettier as they age. And in her case, I don't think it's because of plastic surgery or something. I first noticed her in The Mummy and I found her so incredibly beautiful. I haven't seen much movies of her, but I like her in every one I've seen so far. I liked her in Dream House, the movie itself was weird and confusing but she acted really well, and the chemistry between her and Daniel Craig was amazing. Not so strange, they got in a relationship afterwards and are married now. I thought that playing in Oz the Great and Powerful was a wrong choice of her, she did not play her role bad, but it just didn't suit her and the movie itself was just terrible. She could be in so many other and better roles. Anyway, Rachel Weisz is on the fourth place on my list!











3. Marion Cotillard 


I already loved this woman since I first saw her in Big Fish. I think that's the movie which made her a big more known outside France. She has a very sweet and innocent look over her, and I always see her as a sweet person, so that's why I liked her so much in The Dark Knight Rises. She showed a very different side then her usual roles. Especially with her as Miranda I did not see the ending of the movie coming, which is a good thing. I hope we'll see her in more in roles soon.














2. Helena Bonham Carter


I see Helena Bonham Carter as a very impressive woman. She portrayed so many different characters and she all played them amazing. Being Marla Singer in Fight Club, being Ari in Planet of the Apes, being Jenny in Big Fish or being Bellatrix Lestrange, she all did it terrific. I've seen so many movies of her and not once I was disappointed by her acting performance. I did not like the movie Sweeney Todd, but that was mainly because I hate musical movies. She did play Mrs. Lovett very well, but the singing... ugh I hate singing in movies. Anyway, can't wait to see her in many more movies (I even don't care if it's in another Tim Burton movie, or if it's again next to Johnny Depp).












1. Emma Watson


How can I not like Emma Watson, I practically grew up with her! I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and Emma Watson is such an amazing Hermione Granger. This evening I saw the last two movies and I'm just still amazed by it. The previous movies were fun, but these last two movies have so many feelings in them, and that she's part of them is simply amazing. If you've played the same role for 8 movies it's hard to not see her as Hermione, and that makes it very difficult for her to choose her roles I can imagine. However, I recently saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower and it was such an amazing movie. Only in the beginning it bothered me that it was 'Hermione', but luckily after a few minutes I hardly even noticed it. It's strange because I did not like to see Daniel Radcliffe in The Woman in Black, the entire movie I thought Harry Potter was going mental or something. Anyway, I love Emma Watson, very beautiful, smart, down to earth and of course an amazing actress.











Honorable mentions: Angelina Jolie, Helen Mirren, Cate Blanchett, Danai Gurira, Mandy Moore, Olivia Wilde, Lena Headey, Kristen Bell, Emilia Clarke, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rose McGowan, Alyson Hannigan, Betty White, Julianne Moore, Elizabeth Olsen, 




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..