Friday, 10 January 2014

Horror films of 2013

So here's a list of all the 2013 movies I've seen, it's still not a whole lot but at least it's a bit more compared with my Horror films of 2012 list.

Most movies I already reviewed, so this will be more of a summary with my rating next to it. 
It's in no particular order.



  • A Haunted House: Well, I was quite excited by this movie because the trailer seemed really funny, but well, what could I expect from this movie? Not a whole lot to be honest. It's a lot less good than Scary Movie 1 and 2, but a whole lot better compared with Scary Movie 3, 4 and 5. Overall it had a few funny parts, but most of it was just rubbish.
My rate: 4,5/10





  • Warm Bodies: Definitely one of my favorites of 2013, it was a refreshing and mostly a very funny movie. There wasn't a whole lot horror in it, and the zombies don't look very scary, but it was definitely an excellent movie.
My rate: 8/10



  • The Conjuring: What bothered me most about The Conjuring was the fact that it was so overhyped. I thought it was a very decent movie, but definitely not worth this hype. Great acting and a good script, but not very refreshing in my opinion.
My rate: 6,5/10




  •  Curse of Chucky: In my opinion it was a very decent sequel. The special effects were a bit lame and the CGI was very terrible, but the story was very good and the ending was amazing. I quite liked it.
My rate: 6,5/10



  • Dark Skies: Now here's a movie that I really liked! I'm not a big fan of science-fiction at all, but I really enjoyed this movie a lot. It was very surprising and the actors are simply amazing, really recommendable!
My rate: 8/10



  • Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters: I personally disliked this movie a bit, it's too overrated and it just wasn't very good in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton isn't a very good actress either. 
My rate: 5/10





  • I Spit on Your Grave 2: I really liked this movie. Now, don't start looking weird at me but I really thought it was a great movie. I'm also a big fan of the first part and while this one wasn't as good as the first one, it was still excellent. For those who enjoyed the brutal movies, such as Hostel might enjoy the I Spit on Your Grave movies.
My rate: 7/10



  • Mama: It was a good movie, somewhat original and the effects looked excellent. Brilliant acting. I was a bit disappointed by the ending but besides that I really enjoyed Mama. 
My rate: 8/10



  • Stoker: I didn't write any review for Stoker because I wasn't too sure what to think of it. It's kinda an Indie movie, not much words and the things happening are explained very simple. It wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't too good either.
My rate: 6/10


  • The Purge: I thought this was a very original concept. The thoughts behind this movie were so clever. The acting of the main actors are great but unfortunately it was a bit predictable overall. I do recommend watching it though, I quite liked it.
My rate: 7/10



  • Evil Dead: Probably my favorite 2013 movie. I can't remember a whole lot of the original one, but I think this was a pretty good remake. The acting was only decent but the special effects were simply amazing. It's just an excellent horror movie I think.
My rate: 8,5/10



  • We Are What We Are: I did not really enjoy this movie, it looked like a bad and boring version of Stoker. It was slow and it seemed to be mysterious, but it really wasn't. Credits for the acting.
My rate: 6/10



  • World War Z: I quite enjoyed this movie. It was original and very different from the usual zombie movie. Haven't read the book yet, but I'm certainly planning to. 
My rate: 7,5/10




Well, here are all the movies of 2013 that I've seen, I hope you enjoyed looking through it and please let me know your personal 2013 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..