Monday, 13 January 2014

Upcoming horror movies 2014!

Here are some horror movies of 2014 where you could look out to (or not)!
Now bear in mind that not every movie is confirmed officially and the release date is of course variable. 

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Jesse begins experiencing a number of disturbing and unexplainable things after the death of his neighbor. As he investigates, it isn't long before Jesse fins that he's been marked for possession by a malevolent demonic entity, and it's only a matter of time before he is completely under it's control.

Now this one already came out this week. At first I thought it was another sequel to the Paranormal Activity franchise, but apparently it's a spin-off. Now it is related somehow to the Paranormal Activity movies, there are supposed to be things that clear up a lot of the original Paranormal movies. Anyway, for those who are interested, take a look at the trailer!
Personally I don't think it looks too interesting, but hey, you'll never know!
Release date: 2 January 2014



Devil's Due
After a mysterious, lost night on their honeymoon, a newlywed couple finds themselves dealing with an earlier-than-planned pregnancy. While recording everything for posterity, the husband begins to notice odd behavior in his wife that they initially write off to nerves, but, as the months pass, it comes evident that the dark changes to her body and mind have a much more sinister origin.

Well, looking from the trailer it seems like 'just another found-footage movie'. It's most of the time kinda the same, so I don't expect a whole lot from this movie. The things happenings is kinda standard, night-vision scene where someone goes crazy, photos flying from the walls.. point is, we've seen it all and it doesn't seem very interesting anymore. I can be wrong, but I don't expect a whole lot from Devil's Due.
Release date: 23 January 2014


I, Frankenstein
Frankenstein's creature finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans.

It seems a bit of a weird concept to me. Turning a horror icon in an action movie seems even weirder to me, and Aaron Eckhart as Frankenstein? Hm, not my first choice.
Release date: 30 January 2014



Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
A flesh-eating virus spreads throughout a cruise ship in the Caribbean after it crashes into an abandoned scientific research boat.

According to some sites this isn't the only Cabin Fever movie coming out this year, there's also the movie Cabin Fever: Outbreak planned for 2014, but there isn't a whole lot known about that one yet so I doubt if it will be released this year. I quite liked the first Cabin Fever, haven't seen the sequel yet but I think it will be good. Well, not good, but more something like so bad it's good.
Release date: 13 February 2014

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead
If the worst day of your life consisted of accidentally killing your girlfriend with an axe, chain-sawing your own arm off, and watching in horror as your closest friends were devoured by a zombified Nazi battalion, you'd have to assume that things couldn't get much worse. In Martin's case, that was only the beginning. 

A sequel to one of my favorite zombie movies! I said before that I'm not too much of a fan of all these sequels this year, but perhaps I make another small exception for Dead Snow 2. Amazing movie in my opinion, and the sequel contains Martin Starr, can't be anything else than awesome, right?
Release date: 14 February 2014


Leprechaun: Origins
The plot is unknown at this time.

The seventh Leprechaun movie! This time serving as a reboot. No more Warwick Davis which is kinda a shame, since he is what made Leprechaun reasonably good.
Release date: 28 February 2014, now this seems a bit unlikely to be, since there isn't a whole lot known about this movie yet.

The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence) 
The plot is unknown at this time.

I haven't seen the second one yet, but I'm quite curious about the second and third one. The Human Centipede I is actually the only movie that I like coming from my own country (The Netherlands), so I'm curious for this one!
Release date: April 2014

A Haunted House 2
After losing his beloved Kisha in a car accident, Malcolm starts anew, by remarrying Megan, a mother of two. When things begin to get back into their paranormal ways, targeting both the children and the property, things complicate even more when his back-to-life Kisha moves into the neighborhood.

A Haunted House isn't very different from Scary Movie, perhaps a little less original and definitely a little less funny compared with Scary Movie. You can expect a whole lot more A Haunted Houses in the next couple of years I'm afraid. We've seen thousands of these spoof movies and well, they are really getting boring by now.
Release date: 17 April 2014


The Quiet Ones
An University physics professor assembles a team to help create a poltergeist.

Now, is it coincidence that this movie comes out in the same year that the remake of Poltergeist is supposed to come out? I think not. What's even more suspicious is the fact that actor Jared Harris plays in both movies. It seems interesting.
Release date: 24 April 2014



The Purge 2
The plot is unknown at this time.

As you might have read in one of my previous posts, I liked the first Purge quite a lot. I'm very excited about the next one because I think it's an excellent concept, with other people there are a lot more possibilities and I think it might become an awesome movie.
Release date: 19 June 2014

Resident Evil 6
Alice, Jill, Claire, Chris, Leon, Ada, and Wesker rush to The Hive, where The Red Queen plits total destruction over the human race.

To be honest, I've only seen the Resident Evil movies until the third one. Even though I quite liked the third one I was never really interested in watching the fourth and fifth one. Now there's a sixth part coming and I can't help but wonder how long this will continue. Are there really people still looking out to this? Can't really imagine to be honest.
Release date: 12 September 2014

REC 4: Apocalypse
The young reporter Angela is rescued from the building and taken to an oil taker to be examined. However, it is unbeknown to the soldiers that she carries the seed of the mysterious demonic virus.

Now for this movie I'm quite excited. I really liked the first and third one a lot. The second one not so much but it wasn't a bad movie or anything. I liked the build-up of these movie, first one it's still very small and trapped in a building, then the virus spreads outside because of the dog and now, like the title says it, there's a true apocalypse. I'm very curious about how this will turn out eventually!
Release date: 10 October 2014


Paranormal Activity 5
The plot is unknown at this time.

I really hope that this will be the last one, I get really pissed off lately about all these thousands of sequels and remakes and prequels and what not. Is it really that hard to be a bit original and come up with something new? Besides that, I liked the first one, liked the second one even more and hated the third one. I haven't even seen the fourth one yet because it seemed even more rubbish. Now a fifth one... well, I hope they will wrap everything up with this one or else the Paranormal Activity series become even more of a joke than what it already is.
Release date: 23 October 2014

Night of the Living Dead: Origins
A group of survivors trapped in a New York apartment fight to stay alive against legions of zombies.

Yes, another reboot of Night of the Living Dead. This time in 3D! Oh, and it's an animation...
Release date: October 2014




Poltergeist
A new house and a fresh start is what they wanted. With their abusive father and all. The children wanted away from him and the mother did so, but when they move into a new house the children start seeing things, strange things. The mother first opposed it as a simple joke, until she was almost killed. Now it's up to her to save her kids or die trying.

Of course, there had to be at least one remake this year, last year is was Evil Dead and Carrie, this year it's up to Poltergeist and another remake of Night of the Living Dead. Now, I haven't seen the original Poltergeist yet so I can't say a whole lot about it, but the cast seems interesting. And comparing the two story lines it seems like this one has a bit of a modern twist to it, which could be nice. 

WolfCop
It's not unusual for alcoholic cop Lou to black out and wake up in unfamiliar surroundings, but lately things have taken a turn for the strange... and hairy. WolfCop is the story of one cop's quest to become a better man. One transformation at a time.

Well it's sure that this title speaks for itself. Could be interesting and I'm guessing that there will be a hint of comedy in it. The horror variant of RoboCop I guess?
Release date: Not known yet

See No Evil 2
See No Evil 2 revives the nightmare of the first film when Jacob Goodnight rises from the dead in the city morgue after his killing spree at the Blackwell hotel. In his ominous, underground locker for the dead, a group of medical students fight to survive as this deranged psychopath once again starts to pick them apart one by one.

Now, I have the first See No Evil on DVD for quite some time already, but for some reason it seemed like a butt movie to me. There isn't a trailer yet for this movie, but it does include the famous horror actress Danielle Harris! Maybe I should start watching the first one some time...
Release date: Not known yet

The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
40 years after the first haunting at Eel Marsh House, a group of children evacuated from WWII London arrive, awakening the house's darkest inhabitant. 

First of all, what is it with The Woman in Black and Harry Potter cast members? The original movie had Adrian Rawlins who plays James Potter. The remake had Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter and this sequels has Helen McCroy who plays Narcissa Malfoy. There's probably a link between it somehow... Besides my Harry Potter obsession, I'm not too interested by this sequel. I didn't like the first one a whole lot, I can't really explain why but the whole Woman in Black concept seemed a bit rubbish. Now the sequel doesn't sound very interesting either in my opinion, but as always, I can be wrong.
Release date: Not known yet

Friday the 13th part XIII
The plot is unknown at this time.

Now for this one I'm almost sure that it won't be released. There's nothing known about it yet and there's a big gap between the previous one and a potential sequel. There are words about a sequel of the remake, but that one is planned for 2015 I believe. I think that part 13 won't ever come out, at least not in the near future. I only added did because some people might be interested by potential updates.
If it's really coming out it would go by the name 'Jason Vs. Jarvis'.
Release date: Not known yet





No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..