Saturday 27 April 2013

My thoughts about the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies


My thoughts about A Nightmare on Elm Street:

So as you might have figured by now, in two weeks time I watched all the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies. These were the original 7, Freddy vs. Jason and the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. I only ever saw Freddy vs. Jason and the remake before, and while I owned the original movies, I never saw them. Of course, being a horror blog, it's kinda shaming that I never saw these legendary movies. That's of course why I thought it was time to watch them. I watched them each day apart because watching them all on one day would be impossible and incredibly boring. It took a bit longer than I expected, but I got through them!

I must admit that while watching the original movies I sometimes had an incredible urge to stop watching, mainly because they were so terrible. Luckily, I didn't quit! Here is my top 9, going from worst till the best. 

9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
I gave this movie a 3/10 because it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Yes it contained Freddy but that's about it. The story was incredibly stupid. 

8. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
This movie made the whole series even more confusing than it already was, it was like: Drop everything you knew about Freddy, and learn this new story! I gave this movie a 3,5.

7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
The story was not even that bad, but they kept going on and on with the teenage slaying. I was a bit boring after already seeing a few of those movies. And, the special effects were terrible. I gave this movie a 5/10.

6. A Nightmare on Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead, The Final Nightmare
It was a nice ending for Freddy, but some of the special effects were very ugly. And there were quite some disappointing scenes. I gave this movie a 6/10.

5. Freddy vs. Jason
It was a nice movie to see but it was just nothing special. It had good points and bad points. I gave this movie a 6/10.

4. New Nightmare
While the story was a bit bullshit, it was a fun movie to see. It was a completely different twist to the previous A Nightmare on Elm Street movies, which was kinda nice to see after seeing all sorts of the same movie. I gave this movie a 7/10.

3. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Warriors
I really liked this movie. It had some good actors in it, and they figured something out to defeat Freddy. In my opinion it was very clever. I gave this movie also a 7/10.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
I think this movie is equally as good as the original one. This part had some good things and some bad things, but so has the original. I gave this movie a 7/10.

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Nothing beats the original of course, while I thought it was just as good as the remake, it's hard to under appreciate the beginning of Freddy. I also gave this movie a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..