Monday 18 March 2013

Short review: 8MM (1999)

8MM
IMDB rate: 6,4
Genre: Thriller

I only write a short review for this movie because I don't really consider it as a horror movie. I have to say that this is definitely one of the better movies of Nicolas Cage. Other movies where he played in that I liked were both of the National Treasures, but I think that's mainly because of the script, and not because of him. 

8MM is a good movie. At some points it's a bit slow, but that's bearable because you're curious about the ending. The genre is a bit comparable with Untraceable, a thriller with some horror/gore elements in it. I don't mean that the movie is about the same thing, but in both movies there were those gore elements that you don't see often in thrillers. 



In short, Nicolas Cage is a private detective that has to investigate if a snuff film is real or fake. 

The snuff film looks terrifying, even though you don't see a lot details. The script is very good, the acting is also good. There were quite a lot familiar faces in this movie like Catherine Keener and Joaquin Phoenix. You can also catch a short scene with The Walking Dead's Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) in it. 

I think it was a good movie, but nothing special. But like I said, the genre is comparable to Untraceable, so if you liked that movie, you also might enjoy this one. 

My personal rate: 6,5/10







No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..