Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review: Masters of Horror: Cigarette Burns (2005)

Cigarette Burns
Masters of Horror
IMDB rate: 7,6
Genre: Supernatural

My very first Masters of Horror movie! I am aware that this officially is the eight episode instead of the first but for some reason the Masters of Horror DVD's are in a weird order. This is the first DVD though so I guess I'll just watch it in the order of the DVD's. The story's are not connecting so I does not really mind I guess.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures by the way, Google Images does not really provided good images from this movie and to be honest, I'm too lazy to screenshot a few myself.


With a torrid past that haunts him, a movie-theater director is hired to hunt for the only known print of a film so notorious that it's single screening causes the viewers to become homicidally insane.

Well, what's to say about this movie... I did not enjoy it very much. I thought it was a bit boring and slow. The last ten minutes were interesting and very cool but the other 40-50 minutes were not so much. This movie would have been much better if it was longer. That way it could have been more detailed about certain things. Getting to know the main character better for example. Or even better: knowing more about this rare movie. The movie is an one hour short movie but like I said, it might have been better as a full-length movie.


Cigarette Burns is not very scary, in fact, it's only a bit scary at the very ending were it suddenly gets very wild. You might find the angel-creature scary though, but he's only in it for a few minutes.
A thing that I liked about the movie was the music. It reminded me a bit of the Halloween theme, but with an extra touch. It fitted the movie quite well.

What I liked about this movie was seeing Norman Reedus in it. He is of course the hero Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead. I love Norman Reedus in his Daryl character, but in this movie I was a bit disappointed by him. His acting is not really bad, but I expected so much more from him! Even though it was not Norman's best performance, I will never dislike seeing him in a movie.


I personally did not like this movie very much. It was slow and not very interesting. The last ten minutes were brutal and kinda awesome but that's about it. 

My personal rate: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..