Wednesday 14 August 2013

Review: Masters of Horror: Incident on and Off a Mountain Road (2005)

Incident on and Off a Mountain Road
Masters of Horror
IMDB rate: 6,6
Genre: Survival

The second movie of Masters of Horror! Originally this is the first episode but like I already mentioned,  my DVD's are in a different order so I'll just watch it that way.
I liked this movie more than Cigarette Burns, it had a bit more action and was more interesting.

Again, sorry for the bad quality pictures!


While driving in the night in a lonely road through the mountains, Ellen distracts with her radio and hits a car parked on the road. She faints and she looks for help since her car does not start again. She meets in the woods Moonface, a deranged monster-like man that collects human bodies pulling a woman. She is abducted by Moonface, but she recalls the survival lessons of her husband Bruce facing and fighting back the killer.

It's quite a typical movie. A very predictable storyline, only with a different 'creature'. The woman in this case is a bit more badass than the regular woman so that's the thing that made this movie interesting.  If this wasn't the case it would be just another horror movie with no special twist, but with a woman that fights back it's a bit more special. We've seen this often of course, a woman who's fighting back, but it's always a nice touch. The woman in this movie is a bit the same like the woman in Storm Warning, who is also very badass. 


The acting is not very special. Bree Turner plays the main character and she's not a bad actress. Not very special either but there was nothing wrong with her. The creature is not shown very clearly, but from what you can see it's a tall dude that's almost as ugly as a creature from Wrong Turn. 

What I liked about this movie was the music. It was very good music and it fitted the scenes perfectly. I'm personally not familiar with Don Coscarelli's previous work but I think I might give it a shot. The movie is very noisy, there's constantly thunder which makes it a bit annoying sometimes. It's also very dark which makes it sometimes hard to see what the girl is doing. Another thing that could have been better is the title of the movie. It's not very catchy, and it took me a few times to finally remember it. If I based my opinion on the title of this movie, I would probably never buy it. 


Incident on and Off a Mountain Road is not a very special movie. It's not bad but not very good either. It doesn't really have something special that makes me like it incredibly much. The story is quite predictable besides the fact that the girl fights back this time. 

My personal rate: 6/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..