Sunday 8 June 2014

Review: Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night (2010)

Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night
IMDB rate: 5,3
Genre: Ghost, Found Footage

This will be a short review since I watched this movie quite some time ago already, and I simply forgot to write about it. I think it's worth to write about it though. 
Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night is said to be a sequel to the original Paranormal Activity movie. Unfortunately, besides some small changes it's exactly the same as the original one. Quite ironic actually, since Hollywood remakes every Japanese successful movie, while in this case it's the other way around.

I liked the original Paranormal Activity, it was a welcome change in the genre I think. I know that most people dislike PA but I really thought it was scary at moments. I'm a real baby when it comes to 'paranormal' movies or shows for that matter, I just don't like the idea of invisible things around me. It gets even worse when those things are able to do scary stuff to you.


As I already mentioned, it's practically a remake of the American version, only thing different is that they immediately figure that it must have been a ghost who moved the wheelchair. There's also the typical Japanese vibe to it (not strange of course).
What's also different is that the girl has her legs broken, meaning she can't walk. This makes her extra vulnerable, a nice addition to the movie I think. I was really grossed out when she walked around with her legs all nasty, which is a big plus!

I liked this movie, it had it's scary moments and it had some nice twists compared with the original one. I do like the American version of Paranormal Activity better though. Nevertheless, still a fun movie to watch.

My personal rate: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..