Friday 25 October 2013

Review: Lost [Season 3]

Lost
Season 3
IMDB rate: 8,5
Genre: Mystery, TV Show, Drama

Ah, I've reached season 3! Well actually, that's a lie... At the moment I'm halfway through season 5 already, but because I was very busy with school I did not have any time to write a review about it yet. But that does not matter, because better late than never! 

Season 3 is very different from season 1 and 2, because it's mainly about 'The Others'. Some people are being held as prisoners by the others, while the rest of the group still is on the beach. There are many rescue actions in the season which causes a lot of people changing location. Main thing is that there is not one big group anymore, because they are on two different places on the island. So, a whole new story to work with. We were very curious about these others in the previous seasons but unfortunately, they were not that special in my opinion. We still don't know a whole lot more about the island and to be honest, sometimes things are only more confusing instead of clearer. 
What, or I'd rather say 'who', I found very irritating on this season was Kate. She was running between Sawyer and Jack as her lover and it became very annoying after awhile. 

I heard that many people stopped watching in this season because they were getting bored by it. I can understand that people are finding this boring and too much, because there doesn't seem to be an end to all these ideas. Personally, I still liked season 3. But now I've seen season 4 and 5, things are getting really boring. But, I still try to continue watching it!


Again, there are some new characters in this season.

!!!WARNING, SPOILERS!!!

  • Ben Linus: Ben Linus is played by Michael Emerson, and I must say that he does an excellent job in performing his role as an asshole. Ben Linus is absolutely not a lovable character, and for some reason, everybody trusts him. Even after everything that he does, they still talk to him. Okay, I understand that they do not kill the guy immediately, but DUDE, after two or three seasons of him being an asshole, just shoot him! I was kinda annoyed by this after a while.
  • Desmond Hume: I love Desmond, he became one of my favorite characters of this show. His accent is funny and the actor (Henry Ian Cusick) plays him very well. I love how his character became a bigger part of the main group.
  • Juliet Burke: Another one of The Others. What an absolute cunt for being undercover for everybody. And what's even worse, she admitted that she was betraying everyone for two or three times already, and they still accept her in the group. I was very annoyed with this woman, and I still think she's an useless addition to the show.
There are also a few smaller characters, like Nikki and Paulo, but they died quite soon after we learned a bit about them. Also, we get to know a few of The Others. And of course there is Rousseau and her daughter Alex.

Here is my list of my favorite episodes and my least favorite episodes.

Favorites:
Episode 6: I Do
Episode 8: Flashes Before Your Eyes
Episode 10: Tricia Tanaka is Dead
Episode 18: D.O.C.
Episode 19: The Brig
Episode 21: Greatest Hits
Episode 22: Through the Looking Glass

Least favorite ones:
Episode 3: Further Instructions
Episode 5: The Cost of Living
Episode 9: Stranger in a Strange Land
Episode 13: The Man From Tallahassee
Episode 14: Expose 


I really liked the last episode of this season, it was a great loss for the show but it's good that it happened. It was a very touching episode and it really gave me tears in my eyes. I'm sad that he is gone but else it would be too weird that no one of the main cast would die.

I still liked season 3, even though it's a lot different from the previous two seasons. Season 3 is still fun and season 4 is bearable. But I must say that season 5 is really too far-fetched and it's getting a bit boring. Such a shame. Anyway, I hope I can continue watching the show, because I only have half of season 5 and season 6 left to watch. I'm quite curious about how they will end this show.

My personal rate: 7/10







No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..