Tuesday 15 October 2013

The Walking Dead: Season 4, episode 1: 30 Days Without an Accident

Yes, it's that time again! The Walking Dead finally started and luckily Fox decided to also broadcast it in The Netherlands, only one day after release in America! Why am I so excited by this you ask? Well, normally TV shows from America are not immediately shown in The Netherlands and we'll have to wait a long time to see it. If Fox did not broadcast this immediately, it would probably have been December when we had a chance to see the new season. And by that time there would be so many spoilers on the internet that it would be a lot less fun to watch. And believe me, I can't get myself away from the internet until December. 
Then again there's the opportunity to buy the DVD and watch it that way, but I'm afraid that that will even last longer than waiting for the TV show, since season 3 got only released last week. 
There's also the option of downloading illegally, but I'm not the biggest fan of that and the quality is not very good most of the time.

Well, that's a long story for what would happen if Fox did not broadcast The Walking Dead. BUT, they did so it was kinda an useless story for you to read. I'm just very thankful that they decided to broadcast it, okay ;).

I stayed up very late to watch this show and I will do this probably every Monday until it's finished. I will write a review about each episode every week, but eventually I'll also make a bigger post about the entire season 4.



!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

So, 30 Days Without an Accident is the very first episode of the new season of The Walking Dead. It started out a bit weird because apparantely it's a few days (30 days?) later than where season 3 ended. So no big gaps like season 2 and season 3. I'm quite happy that there isn't such a big gap in this one because skipping 9 months was way too much. They can't tell me that there did not happen a thing in 9 months, while in this single day of the episode, a shit-load happened. Anyway, in these 30 days everyone from Woodbury got transferred to the prison, where they are helping to get food and kill zombies and stuff.

We are immediately introduced to a bunch of new characters, and I immediately had a favorite: Zack played by Kyle Gallner. Unfortunately, my new favorite got bitten in this episode, so goodbye new favorite. What I am trying to say is, we are not being disappointed in the killing because there are plenty deaths again. And I can predict that there will come many more. Of course, there are way too many people in the prison to follow them all, so if a few people get killed, it wouldn't hurt a whole lot.

I loved the scene where the zombies fell through the roof, it looked like an improved zombie-breed: flying zombies. They are obviously not really flying, but they sure were predictable and very dangerous.
Then there's the scene with the strange woman. At first I thought she was some sort of zombie, but also still human. So immune to the virus, just like in 28 Weeks Later. Unfortunately, this was not the case. She really just was a creepy woman. To be honest, I don't really know what the use was for her presence in the show. I did not add anything besides a bit of tension.

I thought it was a good episode, filled with zombie slaughter, a bit of humor and a lot of tension. But, I did not like it a whole lot as an opening for a new season. I expected a few new things, besides the new people, things are still the same. And of course, you can not keep changing the location, but I would've liked it if something had changed. It felt more as a normal episode instead of a season opener.
I must say that I loved the ending and I can't wait until next week because I can predict: SHITS GOING DOWN!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..