Sunday 13 April 2014

Review: Game of Thrones [Season 2]

Game of Thrones
Season 2
IMDB rate: 9,5
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, TV Show

It has been ages since my season 1 review, and in the meantime I've watched season 1, 2 and 3 a few times already. It's really a good show, but the problem with it is that it's a bit confusing. There are many names being said, and many of them are alike which makes it not a very easy show to watch. A few weeks ago I started reading the books and I must say that it really helps a lot with understanding the show. You have more time to get to know the names and it's just easier. After reading the first book I started watching season 1 again and it all suddenly became clear to me. 

The first book is much like the TV show, there's not a whole lot changed besides the ages of Khaleesi and stuff (in the first book she's 14 year old or so, and I get that people won't really accept 14 year old pregnancies and stuff). The second book (I'm reading that one now) is much different from the show, some parts are being left out, while some stuff is showed in the third season. 

This review won't be too long, I just wanted to give a short review about the second season since the second episode of the fourth season is already being released, so I have to keep up!


When I'm comparing the three seasons that have been released this far I must say that the second one is my least favorite one. That being said, I still love it loads. 
My favorite episodes of this season were the first episode (The North Remembers) and the ninth (Blackwater). Not much of a surprise actually, the first episodes are always good and so is the ninth. The other episode were great as well, but were less memorable. 

Game of Thrones is an excellent show and I'm already sad that we'll have to wait another year in 8/9 weeks. There are a bunch of great actors in this show, and the special effects are amazing. I do recommend reading the book as well if you're having trouble with memorizing all the different characters. The books are great but I think that the TV show is equally good. 

My personal rate: 9,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..