Sunday 24 August 2014

Review: Bag of Bones (2011)

Bag of Bones
IMDB rate: 5,8
Genre: Ghost

Bag of Bones officially is a TV show, but it only has two episodes. I haven't read the book yet, I own it, but it simply didn't seem interesting enough to read. When I read some reviews about this movie I read that the movie was very different from the book, so I'm kinda curious about that difference. I will read it eventually though. 

I think this will be a rather short review, because I just don't have a whole lot to say about it. The episodes are each 80 minutes long but in my opinion things could've been much shorter. It was definitely not necessary to make it last in total for 2 hours and a half hours. I liked watching Bag of Bones but there were a lot of things going on that seemed unnecessary. 
I think it could've easily fitted in a 110 minutes movie. 


The acting is fairly good. I'm normally not a huge fan of Pierce Brosnan but he was quite good in this movie. He seemed a lot more sympathetic compared with his other movies. Normally I'm a big fan of Melissa George, but for the first time I was pretty annoyed with her. Her character was annoying and she didn't act as good as usual. 

I liked watching it, although I wasn't very impressed with it. It wasn't extremely interesting. The story of Sara Tidwell could've been revealed a lot earlier I think, because now she keeps returning as a character and it seems useless for the story. It's as if she's only useful as singer until it's revealed what her role is in this movie. 

I'm sorry this review isn't any longer but I really don't have a whole lot to say about it. I can't compare it with the book, which seems to be the biggest problem that others have with this TV movie. I thought the acting was reasonable, but the movie itself was nothing special. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. 

My personal rate: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..