Monday 1 September 2014

Review: Sharknado (2013)

Sharknado
IMDB rate: 3,3
Genre: Monster

For some unknown reason I decided to watch this movie. I knew it would be bad, I mean, what else can you expect with a name like Sharknado? Even though I already expected the worst of it, I was still astonished by how much worse it was. I must admit though that these shark movies are often that bad that it's funny, and well, that was also the case with Sharknado. 

When a freak hurricane swamps Los Angeles, nature's deadliest killer rules sea, land and airas thousands of sharks terrorize the waterlogged populace.


I wouldn't say that this movie is 'so bad that it's good', because it's nowhere near a good movie, but I am willing to say that it was hilariously bad. I really had fun watching it, just because I could make fun of everything that happened. It really is the most illogical movie I've ever seen.

Sharknado truly holds the record for the most WTF moments in a movie. Sharks swimming in places where they could never be able to swim in, flooded swimming pools that manage to flood the house as well (the water was at least 1 meter high) and when they walk out of the door there's perhaps 2 millimeters of water. Or the biggest fail, sharks in a frickin' tornado. This movie really is something.

The special effects are terrible, the editing is terrible and the sound is bad as well. The dialogues are incredibly dumb and blank, but these dialogues do fit the emptiness of each character in this movie. The actors include a few of the 'finest' actors of Hollywood, for example Tara Reid, Ian Ziering and Jaason Simmons. I especially dislike Tara Reid, she might be the worst actrice of this century and I really don't get why anyone would still hire her. Not that it matters though, since she always plays in horrible movies anyway. In short, Sharknado really is a collection of terribleness.


Now of course this is a terrible movie, I really did not expect anything else with a title like Sharknado. But well, with a title like that you know that you can expect a terrible movie, and because of that you might appreciate the movie a little bit more. Or well, appreciate isn't really a good word, I think it's better to say that you can enjoy how bad it is. It's obvious that you can't take this movie serious, so do yourself a favor and just watch it without starting to think about all the impossible happenings in this movie.

My personal rate: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..