Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Walking Dead: Season 4, episode 4: Indifference

Well, as the title says it, another Walking Dead review. This time I'm discussing the fourth episode of season 4. Luckily I recorded it so I could watch it afterwards, since I did not have time Monday. 

Again, spoilers!

So in this episode we see Carol and Rick looking for food and medicine, they mostly discuss Carol's action in the prison, since she burned two bodies of infected people. Ah, and this is the tricky part because almost everyone is infected in their world, right? Well, in this case it doesn't mean 'Dead Infected' or 'Zombie infected', but it means actually infected with an illness. This illness is even affecting the zombies, so as if the normal zombies were not dangerous enough, there are now infected zombies, zombies that are dangerous if you're only near them. 
So, the zombies are even more dangerous now!
Back to Carol and Rick. While searching a house they stumble across two teenagers, who are offering to help. But in the end it appears that at least one of them died while helping. 
At the end of the episode Rick says that Carol has to leave because he does not trust her.

Personally I did not see the use of seeing these teenagers. They brought in a bit of humor, at least the guy did, but eventually they both died. It seemed a bit useless and time-wasting. It's the same as with the crazy woman in the first episode of season 4. Yes she was mysterious, but then she died and everything was normal again. What was the use of them? 
Carol leaving was sad, but I think we'll see her again. Perhaps she will get a side-story like Andrea, or maybe we will only see her back as a walker. Time will tell. I wonder how Daryl will react on her leaving.


Meanwhile, Daryl, Bob, Tyreese and Michonne are searching for medicine. They stumble across a few walkers, a few infected walkers and Bob appears to be an alcoholic.
Overall, not much happened with them. They needed to run for these infected zombies and there were a few nice zombie-killing-shots of Michonne, but that's about it.

I do wonder what direction it will go with Michonne, since her character is very different from the previous season. In season 3 she was free, quiet and brutal. In this season she's smiling, crying and seems a bit lost. I don't know, I would like to see a bit of character development in Michonne, but I also really like this brutal Michonne. 

Personally I thought this episode was a bit dull. In every season there was some sort of mission. Season 1 was to find Lori and Carl and search for an answer to the zombies. Season 2 was protecting the farm and finding out what was kept in the barn. Season 3 was discovering the prison and attacking Woodbury and the Governor. And season 4 this far, well it seems to be most about this decease. But I can't imagine they can continue this way much longer because it might become boring. 
Don't get me wrong, I love this show and I will continue watching, but I would like to see some sort of goal for this season, besides curing the people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..