Friday 21 June 2013

Review: Final Destination 2 (2003)

Final Destination 2
IMDB rate: 6,2
Genre: Supernatural

I don't think I've ever seen this movie before. It's kinda strange since I've seen them all and I own this one for a long time already. I was convinced that I've seen it already but apparently not. 

The movie was definitely not as good as the first one. Sure, the setting changes but the story can never change. So there's not much new in every movie. I wouldn't say that Final Destination 2 is a bad movie, because I sure had fun watching it, but even when I haven't seen the movie yet it's not really surprising anymore.


Whilst heading onto the main road, Kimberly Corman has a vision of a huge car accident. Halting yp the traffic, Kimberly is horrified when the accident actually happens. Kimberly links the occurrence with a similar event a year earlier. Researching up on Clear Rivers, Kimberly discovers that death's pattern has been disturbed, meaning everyone who was originally supposed to die, will now encounter a freak accident, including her! Kimberly and the rest of the survivors, must work with Clear to try and stop Death from repeating it's process. 

In the beginning of the movie, the acting was terrible. It didn't sound real and the group of friends seemed to have no connection at all. After a while the acting became a bit better, but still wasn't very good yet. It's definitely a lot worse compared to the previous movie. It was nice seeing Clear Rivers back again, even though Kimberly was this unthankful bitch, she still came to help them. She was one of the better actors in this movie, it's quite something that I say this because I'm not really fond of Ali Larter as an actress.

The first thing that bothered me was the highway scene (the vision) it took way too long. There was all this nonsense going on that had nothing to do with the story and it almost made me lost interest for the movie. Also, when Kimberly gets her vision, they are driving for a while already on the highway, but when the accident actually happened, it was only a few yards across from the drive already. This totally doesn't fit the vision but there were also many other things that didn't fit in my opinion. For example, the death order. It's said that Death is working backwards but even then it still doesn't fit. It's way too difficult to discuss all of this but I don't think it was in the right order. Also, what about Kimberly's friends, why are they not that much in danger that they need to be warned? They would've died in the crash too so it seems to me that they are just as important? 


The death scenes in this Final Destination were better than the ones in the first movie. Some of them were lame, but most of them were really original. Unfortunately, you don't really have a chance to start caring for these people, so in most cases you don't give a shit that these people die. That was one of the better things in the first Final Destination movie, you got to know the people, and you would actually care if they'd die.

The ending was a bit lame, how is that even logical. "Let's just drive my van in this lake so I'd die. I will just sit still in my chair until somebody saves me from the bottom of this lake. I won't help breaking open the door because I'm too busy dying. Just call Dr. Whatshername and she will reanimate me and now we all live." I'm sorry but that was really lame.
The very last scene was kinda cool though, a bit unexpected, which made it really nice. 


I thought this was a reasonable movie. It has a few bad things, but if you overlook that it's a fun movie to watch. At least, I did enjoy watching it and I'm excited to watch the third part next week. 

My personal rate: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. This is most creative and fast bitcoin conversion website with 100% trust flow and 5 star feedback. Yes, this is one of the top website in the world. You can withdraw, exchange, sell or buy any kind of digital currency without any fee. Visit this website now.
    withdraw bitcoin from blockchain
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete

You might also like..