Thursday 20 June 2013

Review: Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)

Resident Evil: Extinction 
IMDB rate: 6,2
Genre: Zombie

And I also finished watching the third movie of Resident Evil: Extinction. I really liked this movie, I think it's almost equally as good as the first one. 

I love how it's expanded each time, the first movie the virus has expanded within the building, in the second movie the virus has expanded within the city and the third movie the virus has expanded in the entire world, the movie only plays in America though. I'm excited for the fourth movie to see, I think I might watch it this weekend. I didn't hear much good about it, but I think it has big potential. They can go so many ways with the story so I'm quite excited to watch it.


Years after the Raccoon City disaster, Alice is on her own; aware that she has become a liability and could endanger those around her, she is struggling to survive and bring down the Umbrella Corporation led by the sinister Albert Wesker and head researcher Dr. Isaacs. Meanwhile, traveling through the Nevada Desert and the ruins of Las Vegas, Carlos Olivera, L.J., and new survivors K-Mart, Clair Redfield, and Nurse Betty must fight to survive extinction against hordes of zombies, killer crows and the most terrifying creatures as result of the deadly T-Virus that has killed millions.

I was so glad that this movie was a lot better again. In my experience, once a sequel is bad, it won't get better. But luckily, I was proved wrong, once again.

I mentioned in one of my previous reviews that I played the demo of Resident Evil 4 or 5, and I think one of the scenes in this movie was the same as in the game! I'm not sure, but it did resemble it a lot I guess. I could be wrong since it's been quite some time since I last played it. Anyway, if this is indeed the case, then I like it even better.


I also thought the Raven scene was really cool. In most zombie movies, the birds are never affected by any virus. So it's kinda nice that in this movie the birds are affected by it. It's also very logical that the birds are affected by it, but somehow most movies tend to forget that. Also, in the previous movie, the dead were actually rising from their grave again, which gives Resident Evil +2 points! A thing that i kinda lame, every dog that is infected seems to be a Doberman. This is kinda strange because those dogs are really uncommon (at least, where I come from).

The acting of Milla Jovovich is again magnificent, she is what makes these movies so good. Nothing to complain about. But again, I have to complain about other actresses again. Ali Larter in this case, I'm sorry but I'm just not really fond of her. I don't know why, but I'll have to admit that she wasn't that bad in this movie.

Another fun thing that I'm starting to notice, in every movie there is some sort of 'End Boss', just like in games. I think it's some sort of tribute to the games, I don't know, and while it's getting a bit obvious, it's not bothering or anything. There were also finally more zombies! I feel like the action is getting a bit pushed back, there is still some Milla action, but it's not like a true action movie anymore. I don't mind of course, because I'm a fan of horror.


I absolutely recommend watching this movie. It's a real good zombie/action movie with a good story. I do recommend watching the previous two first because else it might be confusing. I'm excited to watch Afterlife this weekend, I'm hoping this will be another good one!

My personal rate: 7,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like..